This Mexican Beef Rice recipe is one that I have made in so many ways and with so many different seasonings, it would win the recipe testing olympics! hahaha!
And as a Dominican, rice dishes from all over the world, are my thing. I must try them all!
I have made it using Casa M Spice, taco seasoning, and today with Spanglish Asaderos’ Chile de Arbol. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t too spicy so I didn’t put a whole much. I wanted to make sure the kids ate it too.
What I truly love about this dish is that it is an all-in-one, it has beef, rice, veggies and even cheese. Being that I love to play around with recipes, I urge you to add any other vegetables you’d like. Replace the beef with ground turkey or even ground chicken. Listen, the world is your oyster with this recipe. So go ahead and have fun!
Mexican Beef Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef I prefer 85%
- 1 tsp Spanglish Asadero Chile de Arbol Use a bit more if you like more spice
- 1 cup medium salsa I used Pace Chunky Salsa, Medium
- 2 – 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 – 3/4 cup long grain white rice uncooked
- 8 oz canned yellow corn rinsed
- 8 oz canned black beans rinsed
- 3 tbsp green onions chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella divided in half
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- In a dutch oven or casserole, over medium high heat, add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds while stirring constantly. You don't want it to burn.
- Add ground beef and break it up until it is completely browned.
- Add Spanglish Asaderos' Chile de Arbol and mix in well. I went with 1 tsp but feel free to add more if you want more of a hot kick.
- Add the salsa, stir, add tomato paste and stir until it’s dissolved into the meat.
- Quickly add the chicken broth, rice, corn and black beans, stir well.
- Bring to a quick boil over high heat while stirring, then lower heat to medium low and cover the pot. Cook for 25 minutes or until no longer watery.
- Uncover, add the green onions and 1 lb of cheese. Stir in well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle the other 1 lb of cheese and chopped cilantro evenly over top. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.