This Caprese Chicken Panini recipe is inspired by my favorite panini at a restaurant called Not Your Typical Deli near my home in AZ. And it’s addicting! One of the most amazing things about this place is that they hire people with disabilities and being a mother of a child with severe autism, well, I am a huge supporter.
But the best part is that they have the best food ever! So you know I am there a whole lot! In my twist, I added shredded chicken leftover from my Chicken Pesto Pasta w/ Vegetables from the night before. Always use those leftovers!
Give this Caprese Chicken Panini a try, you will love it!
Olive oil spray Ciabatta bread
Store bought Pesto
Mozzarella, sliced to taste
Tomatoes, sliced to taste
Chicken (for this one I used leftovers but you can buy a rotisserie)
Preheat your panini maker.
Slice bread in half. Spread pesto to taste on each side. Layer on chicken, tomatoes and cheese to taste.
I always prefer it very thin but you can stack your heart away! Just remember that you are pressing this and it may fall apart while it’s pressed down if it’s too thick.
When panini maker is ready, spray it with olive oil spray. Place panini on press and push down to desired thinness and toast.
- Sandwich press
- Olive oil spray
- 1 Large Ciabatta bread
- 1 pack store bought Pesto
- 2 slices Mozzarella sliced in thickness to taste
- 1 whole tomato sliced
- 2 breasts chicken shredded
- Preheat your panini maker.
- Slice bread in half. Spread pesto to taste on each side.
- Layer on chicken, tomatoes and cheese to taste. I always prefer it very thin but you can stack your heart away! Just remember that you are pressing this and it may fall apart while it's pressed down if too thick.
- When ready, spray panini maker with the olive oil spray.
- Place sandwich on press and push down to desired thinness and let sit until desired toast.
Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.
Thank you for letting me know you liked it! I appreciate that so much!