This bean salad is a go to for me on lazy weekends and get togethers. So easy to pull together. All canned beans is the way to go for quick and easy execution. The best part is that you can use any kind of bean you prefer. Black beans, pink beans, white beans and more. Top with protein of your choice and you have lunch or dinner. Sweet!
I recommend you add the avocado right before serving but if you are planning on leftovers, place the chopped avocados on the side and add to your individual serving.
Caribbean Bean Salad
- 1 15oz can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can Guandules (green pigeon peas) rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can corn rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 4 green onion stems sliced into small rings
- 1-1/2 limes juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 2 tbs cilantro chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 avocado sliced over or chopped into bean salad
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, limes, tomatoes, green onions, oregano, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Add avocado just before serving either to whole recipe or for individual servings.