Yes! this is when leftovers are the best! I made a delicious Slow Cooker Mojo Pork a couple of days ago and being a family of four, that is a lot of pork to consume in one sitting. I used an almost 4 lb pork butt and rendered enough for at least 12 people. Imagine how much I have left!
Because I always repurpose my leftovers, what more classic could I get than to use the Cuban seasoned pork to make a Cuban sandwich. So here I am today, sharing my recipe with you. This recipe is simple and brings a whole other dimension to this pork.
There is actually such a thing as Cuban bread and many recipes on Pinterest for it but I prefer my sandwiches with sourdough so I decided to use it for this recipe as well. Let’s dive in!
Cuban Mojo Pork Sandwich
- Sandwich Press/Panini Maker
- 8 slices of sourdough bread Cuban bread or rolls are ok as well
- 2 cups shredded (leftover) mojo pork
- 8 slices of honey ham 2 per sandwich or to taste
- 8 slices swiss cheese 2 per sandwich or amount to taste
- yellow mustard to taste
- dill pickles sliced and amount to taste
- Pam butter spray
- Start heating the sandwich press/panini maker.
- Heat up leftover Mojo Pork. Make sure to shred it as finely as possible.
- Place loafs of bread on a flat surface.
- One one loaf, add preferred amount of mustard, top with slices of ham, pickles, pork and swiss cheese. Top with the other loaf.
- Spray sandwich press/panini maker with Pam butter spray and place the sandwich in the press.
- Press until desired golden color. I left mine in for about 5 minutes.
Leave a Reply