Morir Soñando (Die Dreaming in english) is a very classic Dominican drink. A cocktail that surprisingly has no alcohol but that is chock full of flavor. It’s a sweet, creamy combo of milk and orange juice with a hint of vanilla that helps take it to a whole other level.
When I think of Morir Sonando, I am taken back to my childhood. Living in Santiago, Dominican Republic. I felt quite special when I was presented with this really cool drink. The orange wedge just made it feel monumental. That sweetness, as a kid, was just what I craved. I remember having this usually at my grandmother’s house on weekends when we went over to visit. She made her special breakfasts or lunches and this was the drink she made for us. I hold those memories very dear to my heart. This is why I am sharing this very simple but delicious drink recipe with you. I hope you love it as much as I do.
ABOUT MORIR SOÑANDO
The recipe varies greatly depending on the region and family heritage. The drink has made its way to other Caribbean and Latin American countries.
What does Morir Soñando taste like?
Americans tend to compare the taste to a creamsicle. So you know you are in for a real treat!
Tip about Morir Soñando
Once made, you must serve right away because the acid will curd the milk.
Check out more cocktail recipes!
Dominican Morir Soñando – Die Dreaming
- 2 cups orange juice I prefer with no pulp
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk Carnation is what I used
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ice to taste, I had about 1/4 cup in each glass
- 2 orange slices for presentation one for each drink
- In a blender, place the evaporated milk, orange juice, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Blend on low for 45 seconds.
- While blender is going, add ice to glasses.
- Once done blending, add drink to each glass and garnish with an orange slice for a special presentation.