Winter calls for soup! This delicious Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe was inspired by my mother-in-law who makes the best soups ever! and of course, I needed to be able to make it for my family. After several tries, this one turned out perfect.
Now every time I feel like I am coming down with something, I make myself my own Chicken Noodle Soup. why? Because it’s that easy!
You need to try it!
2 teaspoons butter
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
3/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp ground oregano
80 oz chicken broth
1 teaspoon “Better Than Bouillon” chicken base (or more if needed)
1 ½ cups uncooked egg noodles (you can use pearl pasta as well)
2 cups cooked chicken (about 2 nice size chicken breasts)
4 oz canned white corn drained
Fresh chopped parsley to taste
Fresh chopped cilantro – about 1 tablespoon
Melt butter in large pot. Sauté the celery, carrot and onion for 2 minutes.
Add thyme, poultry seasoning, oregano, chicken broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil.
Add noodles, chicken and corn and cook on low for 20 minutes.
If you’d like a bit more flavor add bits of Better than Bullion and taste until you reach desired flavor.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and cilantro.
Time-saving tips: You can likely find the carrots, onions and celery already chopped and bundled together as “Mirepoix” at your supermarket. That will save you loads of time.Buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the breasts for the soup.
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onions chopped
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 80 oz chicken broth
- 1 tsp “Better Than Bouillon” chicken base or more if needed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles you can substitute with other pastas
- 2 cups cooked chicken about 2 chicken breasts
- 4 oz canned white corn drained I love Green Giant White Shoepeg Corn
- 1 tbs fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro chopped
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Sauté the celery, carrot and onion for 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, poultry seasoning, oregano, chicken broth and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles, chicken and corn and cook on low for 20 minutes.
- If you'd like a bit more flavor add bits of Better than Bullion and taste until you reach desired flavor.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and cilantro.
Leave a Reply