Loving this Black Bean Cilantro Saffron Rice! I know, the name is super long but I really wanted the key ingredients to be in its title. Now, if you have ever had saffron you know that this dish will be super tasty, not to mention all the other ingredients as well. Combined, well, they will send you to sensory heaven because the flavor is amazing!
I made this rice to go with my Roasted Butterflied Latin Style Chicken and the pairing couldn’t have been better. I know some don’t love cilantro, so if you are one of those people, just leave it out and it’ll be just fine.
Black Bean Cilantro Saffron Rice
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbs salt
- 2 tbs adobo Goya
- 1 pinch saffron about 5 to 6 threads
- 1/3 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed (I used fresh but you can use canned as well.
- 1 small can of corn I used white because its my preferred corn
- 1 handful cilantro chopped
- Over high heat, add water, broth, salt, adobo to a deep pot and stir.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add rice and stir.
- Add saffron, stir and wait for water to evaporate.
- Once water evaporates, lower heat to simmer (low) and add oil. Stir well.
- Add the beans and stir gently as to not break them up.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once 20 minutes are up, stir gently, add corn and cilantro and stir gently again.
- Cover for another 5 minutes and enjoy!