Now tell me this Latin Bean Vegetable Rice does not look amazing! One of the tastiest rice dishes you will ever have.
I based this recipe on my Moro Rice and added a couple more ingredients to kick it up a notch. And it sure did! One of the best things about this recipe is that if you are Vegan, this is a meal on it’s own. Win, win!
I used frozen veggies (Bird’s Eye Steamfresh), but you can use fresh or canned if preferred.
What can you have as the main protein with this Latin Bean Vegetable Rice?
Here are a couple of my recipe suggestions!
Latin Style Schnitzel
Dominican Pan Seared Chicken (Pollo Guisado)
Latin Bean Vegetable Rice
- 4 cups long grain rice
- 4-1/2 cups cups water
- 1 tbs salt
- 1/4 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 tbs garlic minced
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs Goya Adobo
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 2 tbs Goya Salad Olives chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper cut in chunks
- 1 can 8oz tomato sauce
- couple of strands of cilantro
- 1 can beans black, roman, pink, pinto, etc. Or boil to soften your own beans.
- 1 10oz bag frozen vegetables you can substitute with fresh or canned
- In a pot over medium heat, add oil, garlic, adobo, salt, oregano, soy sauce, lime juice. Stir well.
- Add and onions, peppers and olives. Stir.
- When it is simmering add tomato sauce, stir and then add the beans.
- Add water, cilantro, frozen vegetables and stir. Now cover and bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid is boiling, add the rice and stir. Make sure rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. Allow water to evaporate. Watch my video for reference on how it should look.
- Once liquid evaporates, lower to a simmer and cover for 25 to 30 minutes.
- After the 25 to 30 minutes, uncover rice and stir. Cover again for 5 minutes. Uncover, stir and it is ready to serve!
- We serve it with Pollo Guisado (Stewed Chicken), Rabo Guisado (Oxtail Stew), even with Dominican Fried Chicken Wings. All recipes found on this blog!
Made this today! Absolutely yum! I used fresh veggies and fresh oregano (since I didn’t have any ground). Turned out fantastic. My youngest son (19) recovering from surgery this week, came down and said, “Can I have some now or do I have to wait until dinner?” He absolutely loves it too! I’m sure my oldest son will as well. As for my keto husband-he’ll probably be mad I made it but I’m sure he’ll love it too. LOL! Thanks for the great recipe!
Thank you so much once again for making it! So excited you tried it!