I love turkey leftovers from my Thanksgiving dinners. Why? because I can make recipes like this delicious turkey club with them! The smoked turkey breast I made was citrus flavored and smoked with hickory wood chips. I used a new seasoning my husband found online and I was really excited to try them, they are Spanglish Asadero. I was so impressed with how this recipe turned out and I highly recommend these spices for your seasoning needs in the kitchen. Didn’t make a smoked turkey? No worries! This recipe works just fine with your roasted one!
Now, when deciding what to cook with my leftovers, I always tend to go with lunches or appetizers. Here, I went with lunch and my favorite sandwich, the Turkey Club. A note about me: If I see a turkey club on a restaurant menu, it is very likely what I am going to order. So being able to make my own with an amazingly smoked turkey I made myself, well, I will absolutely go for it. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
Leftover Thanksgiving Smoked Turkey Club
- Sandwich Press/Panini Maker
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2-3 cups leftover turkey chopped, work with what you have
- 16 slices cooked bacon 4 per club sandwich
- 2 large tomatoes sliced, about 3 per club sandwich
- 1 bag spinach add to taste
- mayonnaise to taste, I did about 4 tbs per club sandwich
- 8 slices provolone cheese 2 per club sandwich
- Pam butter spray to spray onto panini press, both sides
- Preheat your press/panini maker.
- Chop leftover turkey.
- Slice tomatoes to liking.
- On a cutting board, place 2 sourdough bread slices side by side.
- Add mayonnaise to taste on both sides. I like a lot of it so go with your liking.
- Place chopped turkey to taste on one bread slice, over the mayonnaise.
- Place half the desired spinach over the turkey.
- Place 2 slices of provolone over the spinach.
- Place bacon over the provolone.
- Add another layer of spinach and top with thee other slice.
- Spray the heated press/panini maker with Pam butter, olive oil spray or slather butter.
- Place in the press/panini maker and cook until the bread is golden brown, not burned.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
[…] 6. Smoked Turkey Club […]