What do you do when you have watermelon that is super juicy because it sat in your fridge for 4 days and you don’t feel like eating it? You make a drink out of it! And then you have the most delicious Watermelon Paloma! I rimmed it with Spanglish Asadero‘s Chile Limon for the perfect extra hint of flavor. It really can’t get better than this!
What is a Mexican Paloma drink?
Originating in Mexico, it is a refreshing and citrusy drink typically made with tequila, grapefruit soda, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. The word “Paloma” means “dove” in Spanish, and it is believed to have been named after the beautiful bird.
The Paloma is a popular alternative to the classic Margarita and is loved for its tangy and slightly sweet flavor. It’s a perfect drink for warm weather or anytime you’re in the mood for a refreshing cocktail. In recent times, many have given it some very interesting twists like the one you see on this post.
Check out some of my other cocktails!
Chile Limon Watermelon Paloma
- 2 cups watermelon chunks will be turned into juice
- 2 oz tequila I used Jose Cuervo Especial, Blue Agave Gold Tequila
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/2 to soak the rim of the glass
- Spanglish Asadero Chile Limon to rim the glass
- ice for each glass
- In a blender, blend the watermelon. I did this on the smoothie setting of my Instant Pot blender. Don't worry about the seeds, we will be sifting this through a colander.
- Once done blended, use a strainer over a large measuring cup or cup and sift the liquid through. I use a spoon to do so faster. Set aside.
- Next, add the tequila, honey, half the juice of a lime and watermelon juice you just prepared into a cocktail shaker. Shake well for about 15 seconds.
- On a small plate, spread about 1/4 cup Spanglish Asadero Chile Limon.
- Use the second half of the lime to moisten the rim of the glass.
- Press the edges of the glass into the small plate with the Spanglish Asadero Chile Limon.
- Add ice, watermelon juice mixture, into the rimmed glass and enjoy!