Ok, so are stuck at home. Being quarantined because of the Coronavirus is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to experience.
One of the ways that I have passed the time is by cooking. I’m sure that doesn’t come as a surprise, I am a food blogger after all. But one thing that I have had to learn to do is adjust. Adjust making changes to recipes I have always made a certain way. This one of them. I wanted to share it with you because it is super simple, delicious and done in 12 minutes.
This was my husband and I’s lunch today. My original recipe called for fresh Pico de Gallo, goat cheese and more items I didn’t have on hand. But what I did have was sufficient to make this taste delicious!
Chorizo Queso Fundido
- 6 oz ground pork chorizo
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded, divided
- 2 tbs cilantro chopped, for garnish
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- In a oven safe skillet and over medium-high heat add chorizo and stir until it’s crumbled, browned and cooked through. About 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, set broiler to high.
- Once chorizo is done, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Drain any leftover fat from skillet.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Whiskin the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and cook until slightly thickened. Less than a minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese.
- Sprinkle chorizo over top.
- Then rest of the cheese.
- Put the pan under the broiler and broil until the cheese is golden brown on top. Watch carefully. Should be about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.