This classic Dominican cocktail is made with Brugal white rum or with Brugal Añejo, which is my preferred one. It’s refreshing and so simple to put together. The Sprite and lemon give it an amazing tropical taste.
Is Santo Libre like a Cuba libre?
You must be thinking to yourself that this is very similar to a Cuba Libre, the most popular cocktail in Cuba, and yes, you are right! We basically created our own cocktail inspired by the Cuban staple.
Check out my other cocktails!
Dominican Santo Libre Cocktail
- 1 oz Brugal Rum (Añejo or White) more or less rum to taste
- 6 oz can Sprite, Seven Up or Club Soda
- Juice of half a lemon slice rounds for garnish
- ice for serving, 4 to 5 cubes
- 3 mint leaves
- Add ice cubes to the glass followed by rum, Sprite, Seven Up or Club soda.
- Squeeze half the lemon and stir.
- Add the mint and submerge it.
- Garnish with a lemon slice if desired.