I have made these goat cheese balls for years and for some reason it’s always during football season. I have played with different goat cheeses and herbs that I have added to the panko but I always come back to the simplest one. Which is the one I am going to share with you today. I think I keep coming back to it because it comes together so easily. I hope you give it a try because I can guarantee it will be a hit!
Which type of goat cheese is best for this recipe?
I prefer the goat cheese logs. They crumble perfectly and are easily made into a ball. I let them rest on my countertop, unopened, for about 1 hour before I start making the balls. There are other more harder goat cheeses but imagine having to grate them to make them into a ball. Hahaha! Nope, this mom has no time for that!
Check out my other Goat Cheese recipes!
Goat Cheese Balls with Honey
- 4 Garlic and Herb goat cheese logs
- 3 eggs for egg wash
- 1-1/2 cups panko
- olive oil for frying about 1/2 inch depth of skillet
- honey for drizzling over the finished goat cheese balls
- crackers or melba toast for serving
- Cut the goat cheese log into as many pieces as possible and roll them into small balls.
- Dip into egg wash and then cover in panko.
- Heat oil over medium low heat.
- Fry the balls until light golden brown and place on a paper towel lined plate. Let sit for a minute.
- Place goat cheese balls onto a serving dish and drizzle with desired amount of honey.