Turn Up The Heat: Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Rice Krispie Treats! 🔥
Foodies! Ready to spice up your snack game? Forget everything you thought you knew about Rice Krispie Treats because I’ve got a version that’s going to set your taste buds on fire—in the best way possible. Introducing: Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Rice Krispie Treats! You read that right. We’re fusing that beloved sweet and sticky snack with the bold zest of everyone’s favorite fiery chip.
Why Flamin’ Hot Cheetos?
Look, traditional Rice Krispie Treats are like that cozy, feel-good track you listen to on repeat. Always welcome, always comforting. But sometimes, you wanna remix that jam and get a little wild, right? Enter Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. They add the CRUNCH and the PUNCH!
How’s It Made?
Imagine this: your classic Rice Krispie layer, all gooey, sweet, and chewy, but then BOOM—a top layer of pure, unadulterated Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. Yep, it’s as epic as it sounds. And you get that magical balance of sweet and spicy. It’s like a party in your mouth where both the chill and wild friends showed up.
Here’s How You Whip ‘Em Up:
- Melt & Mix: Start by melting your butter and marshmallows in a big pot. Once it’s all gooey and glorious, fold in those Rice Krispies until they’re coated in marshmallowy goodness.
- Lay it Down: Spread that mixture into a pan, but press it down gently. We’re not done yet.
- Flamin’ Hot Finale: Here comes the twist! Crush up those Flamin’ Hot Cheetos (not too fine; you want some chunky bits) and sprinkle them generously on top. Gently press them into that marshmallowy base so they stick.
- Cool & Cut: Let it all set for a bit. Once firm, slice ’em up!
There you have it—a snack that’s gonna make your friends say, “Wait, what?!” followed by, “Oh man, gimme another!” The sweetness from the Rice Krispies perfectly balances out the fiery kick from the Cheetos. It’s a match made in snack heaven.
So, the next time you’re feeling snacky and adventurous, whip up these bad boys and let the flavors do a tango on your tongue. And remember, food’s always more fun when you turn up the heat! 🔥
Flamin’ Hot Rice Krispie Treats
- 3/4 cup Flamin' Hot Cheetos more or less to taste
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 5 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp butter
- Crush Flamin' Hot Cheetos. I do so by placing them in a ziploc bag and using a rolling pin to crush them.
- Melt the butter. It should be about 30 seconds in the microwave. Make sure to cover it because it could splatter a bit. Or on the stove, on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- As the butter melts, in a large bowl, melt the marshmallows. For a minute first and then 10 second intervals until ready. Stir well.
- Add the melted butter and honey. Mix well.
- Add the rice krispies and slowly mix well. In about a minute you should have a good mix going.
- In a parchment paper lined baking dish (9 x 11), spread the marshmallow mixture as flat as possible. I used an extra spatula to help me with that.
- Sprinkle the crushed Flamin' Hot Cheetos over top and press down lightly.
- Allow to set for at least 2 hours at room temperature or refrigerate for about 1 hour to speed up the process.
- Once ready, remove parchment paper from underneath, place on a cutting board and cut into 12 squares or the shape of your preference.
- You can store in a container on your countertop if desired. There is no need to refrigerate.