I love tacos! and sometimes switching it up is fun, so what better way than making taco bowls! You can fill with anything you’d like, which is great. In this post I used leftover pulled pork and sausage and beans to fill mine and they were delicious! I like the idea of making these for a small gathering and setting up small stations with different fillings and toppings and allowing your guests to build their own taco bowls.
What type of tortilla should I use to make taco bowls?
I used corn tortillas but you can also use flour tortillas.
What fillings can I use for my taco bowls?
I recommend these 3 recipes of mine to fill your taco bowls. Two are pictured above.
Beef Picadillo – This is beef I used to fill empanadas that is perfect for the taco bowls
Beans and Sausage
Pulled Pork – In this post I used leftover pulled pork
What toppings can I use for my taco bowls?
Pico de gallo
How to make taco bowls
- 2 muffin tins
- 8 6 inch corn or flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel, 4 at a time, we’ll heat 8 total.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds until soft and pliable.
- Quickly coat each side of 4 tortillas with cooking spray one at a time. Keep the remaining tortillas covered to avoid them drying out.
- Turn a 12-cup muffin tin upside down. Nestle a tortilla in the space between 4 cups to form a "bowl." Repeat with 3 more tortillas, making 4 bowls total for one muffin tin.
- Bake in the middle rack until they harden and begin to brown a bit, about 10 to 15 minutes. (ovens vary in heat distribution)
- Transfer to paper plate and let them cool down.