Pulled pork, mac and cheese and top it with panko?! Forget about it!!! This is a culinary dream come true! I created this recipe with leftover pulled pork I made for super bowl Sunday. Repurposing leftovers is always fun and when adding pull pork is in the mix, well, you can never go wrong!
Make sure to check out my Pulled Pork/Pernil recipe and also the Pulled Pork Scalloped Potatoes, Pulled Pork Sliders and Pulled Pork Toast, all made with leftovers from my delicious pulled pork!
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups leftover pulled pork chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk (I use 2% organic)
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 lb pasta cooked
- 1/4 cup panko
- spray butter
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Start to cook pasta according to package directions, using minimum salt.
- Chop up leftover pulled pork.
- Drain and set aside to start making the cheese sauce.
- In a large pot on medium high heat, add butter until melted.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for about one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add milk, heavy cream, dry mustard and pepper.Whisk until it begins to bubble.
- Reduce to low and add white cheddar. Stir until melted.
- Add cooked pasta, stirring until combined. Remove from heat.
- Place mac 'n cheese In an oven safe skillet, flatten it lightly.
- Sprinkle chopped pulled pork over top.
- Sprinkle panko evenly over top and spray with butter spray.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes at 350, you may broil for a few minutes if it's taking long to become golden on top.