What would Thanksgiving be without stuffing? Well, this woman born from Dominican parents had never heard of stuffing until the age of 21! Yes, 21!!! I never heard of it until I met my husband, an American, and I visited his family for Thanksgiving when we were dating.
I tried hard to understand what the love of this “wet bread” was, as I honestly hated its taste. Through the years, I began to take bits and more bits on my plate and started to actually like the wet bread. Who’d thunk it?! LOL
As my culinary skills advanced I began to be more creative and this recipe was born from that. In my twist, I mixed chorizo, with bread stuffing and cornbread stuffing. This really created a stuffing full of spice and flavor. Seriously, one of the best stuffing I have ever had and I am so happy that I am able to bring that to you in this recipe.
1 lb pack pork chorizo
3/4 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup diced celery
6 oz package herb seasoned cubed stuffing
6 oz package cornbread stuffing
28 oz chicken broth
4 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 400º degrees.
In a large skillet
over medium heat, cook chorizo until it crumbles and is cooked through.
Add onions and celery. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Add both stuffing(s) to a large bowl. Pour chicken broth and stir.
Add the chorizo mixture and mix well.
In a deep casserole, place stuffing chorizo mixture and spread evenly.
Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Spicy Chorizo Stuffing
- 1 lb pack pork chorizo
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 6 oz of packaged herb seasoned cubed stuffing
- 6 oz of packaged cornbread stuffing
- 28 oz chicken broth
- 4 tbs melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400º degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chorizo until it crumbles and is cooked through.
- Add onions and celery. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add both stuffing’s to a large bowl. Pour chicken broth and stir.
- Add the chorizo mixture and mix well.
- In a deep casserole, place stuffing chorizo mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Leave a Reply