Love, love, love this recipe! I had so much leftover turkey after making 2 turkeys for the blog, that I wanted to use the leftovers to create a couple of easy recipes using ingredients I had on hand in my fridge. It turned out super delicious!
This is a recipe I recommend for lunch the next day. Think of a turkey salad with mayo and dijon mustard. Yum! It will taste completely different from what you had the night before and not only that, you don’t have to cook a thing! Now that is what I call awesome!
You don’t have to build it exactly like I did for it to be delicious. Honestly, just the turkey, mayo and mustard would be amazing on their own. Or just go into your fridge and find toppings that you love and feel will taste good with this combination.
Loaded Leftover Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Romaine lettuce
- Leftover turkey chopped
- Mayonnaise to taste (think chicken or tuna salad)
- Dijon mustard to taste (I went with about 1/4 of mixture)
- Adobo Goya to taste
- Grape tomatoes halved, to taste
- Cooked chorizo slices chopped, to taste
- Salad olives (green olives) sliced, to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Wash lettuce and shake off excess water.
- Chop up cold turkey and place in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard and adobo. Stir in well.
- Chop chorizo slices, tomatoes, olives and set aside.
- Place desired amount of the turkey salad mixture over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle chorizo, tomatoes, olives over the turkey salad mixture.