Thanksgiving leftovers can sometimes be a doozey and we just reheat the same old dinner plate from the night before, but… if you prepare ahead, you can create some amazing dishes with the leftovers.
In this recipe, I am making taquitos with those turkey leftovers. I made it an experiment, only using what I had in my pantry and in my fridge. It turned out amazing!
Here is what I did!
Leftover Thanksgiving Baked Turkey Taquitos
- Turkey leftovers chopped
- Corn tortillas about 10, depending on turkey leftover amount
- Lettuce shredded
- White cheddar or other cheese on hand
- Onions chopped
- Diced green chiles to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Leftover gravy
- Chicken stock as needed, to thin out gravy
- Pico de Gallo for topping
- Preheat oven to 425º degrees.
- Chop ingredients turkey.
- Chop Onions.
- Shred romaine lettuce.
- I used shredded white cheddar cheese.
- In the microwave, heat 5 corn tortillas (at a time) between two "wet' paper towels for 30 seconds to soften them.
- Work with one tortilla at a time keeping the others under wrap.
- Place desired amount of all ingredients. Do not over fill so you can easily fold.
- Fold and place on a baking sheet.
- Spray with olive oil. Or just brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until desired golden color.
- In the meantime, heat up leftover gravy adding chicken broth if needed to thin out.
- Remove taquitos to serving dish, top with gravy and Pico de Gallo.