This Elbow Pasta Salad with Tuna (Ensalada de Coditos con Atún) is a very classic Dominican recipe. What I love the most about this pasta salad is that you can add any veggies you’d like. Omit the ones you don’t and also use ham or shredded chicken instead of tuna. It is served cold and it’s perfect for parties because you can make it ahead. If you host a lot, you know this is super important.
Ensalada de Coditos con Atún (Pasta Salad with Tuna)
- 1 lb elbow pasta
- 3 tbs mayonnaise add more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/4 green pepper chopped
- 1/4 red pepper chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 2 4oz cans tuna in water drained as much as possible
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt to taste
- Boil elbow pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain, cool down and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cold elbow pasta and all ingredients.
- Place in fridge and allow to sit for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.