Pulled pork is one of my favorite things to cook. I tend to cook Dominican and Mexican style (pork carnitas) the most because I find they are super versatile when it comes to using leftovers and transforming them into other dishes. This tater tots recipe is one example of that.
If you notice, part of my food blog’s name is Twist. And it’s for that reason that I love to try mixing my staple recipes with ingredients not typically used. I find it so fun to see and taste the final dish.
In this recipe, I used my Instant Pot Dominican Pulled Pork but I also have other recipes you can use as well. Here they are below:
Instant Pot Dominican Pulled Pork
Dominican Pernil (Pulled Pork) oven cooked
Instant Pot Mexican Pork Carnitas
Slow Cooker Mojo Pork
My Instant Pot model.
I also want to share with you other leftover pulled pork recipes I have created that I know you will love:
Pulled Pork Spring Rolls
Pulled Pork Sliders
Pulled Pork Toasts
Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese
Pulled Pork Scalloped Potatoes
Pulled Pork Taco Bowls
Cuban Mojo Pork Sandwich
Loaded Pulled Pork Tater Tots
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- leftover pulled pork 1 to 2 cups would be great, reheated
- Melinda's Habanero Honey Mustard to taste
- 1 cup shredded taco cheese or to taste
- pico de gallo to taste
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- Cook tater tots according to package instructions. Use a baking sheet and keep the tater tots all in one level.
- Once done, leave the oven on. You can leave the tater tots there for serving or move to a smaller baking dish. I did so in the video because I wanted the tater tots a bit more stacked.
- Next, add reheated, leftover pulled pork. Distribute all over the tater tots.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the Habanero Honey Mustard over the tater tots and pulled pork.
- Sprinkle with taco cheese and return to the oven to melt the cheese. Should just be about 3 to 5 minutes at most.
- In the meantime, mix together the Mexican cream and lime juice.
- When cheese is melted, remove the baking dish from the oven and top with pico de gallo, Mexican crema mixture and a little more of the Habanero Honey Mustard.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green onions and enjoy!
Leave a Reply